On 02/27/2015 11:37 AM, Matt Wells wrote:
I see how that would work but as you mentioned, I no longer have SSO.

My desktops are all 3.  Linux, Mac and Windows however the Windows
systems talk with AD and a trust exists to facilitate those
communications and SSO between the systems.

It doesn't sound like this is really possible without the heavy loss
of functionality.  This would be an amazing option to add though.  The
ability to define a service and prioritize an authentication
mechanism.

On Mac and Windows you would not get SSO anyways because Kerberos on thos platforms does not support latest RFCs related to 2FA at least yet and since they are proprietary it is unclear what their plans are.

The problem we also have is that there is no way to be selective on the KDC/DS side - there is no way to determine what the client is and associate some policies to it. It would have to be the client that would have to have capability to enforce or not enforce 2FA if the server supports both. But again that means that Mac and Windows would have to keep up with this capability.

Bottom line it is a popular request but it is unclear how we can satisfy it.