> yes, I'm quite certain this is the client.

Actually, it isn't, or at least it's not supposed to be. I've only ever
installed IPA on one machine, and the command I used to install it was
ipa-server-install (followed by ipa dnsconfig-mod, ipa-adtrust-install, and ipa
trust-add, as described in the documentation).

Of course, the ipa-client package is installed too, but if this machine is not
acting as a server then something is seriously messed up!

David Guertin