Before I go charging down this path too far, I wanted to figure out whether it
is possible for a RHEL 7 system to be a member of both an IPA domain and a
separate AD domain?

At this point trusts are not established between IPA and the AD, this will
happen around the 7.1 release, however, I would like the system to use IPA for
auth of things like ssh and the AD domain for auth of CIFS/SMB shares via
samba 4.

Is this possible? Anyone know? Seems like it should be.

-Erinn