Hi,I've read the thread from Nov and checked out
http://www.freeipa.org/page/HowTo/vsphere5_integration however i'm
still having trouble getting vpshere to use freeipa as an identity
source.
I've set the base DN for users and groups, the connection url and
username and password and my vadmin account connects correctly however
when i try to log in as a user (whom i've assigned permissions to) i
get an authentication error that states it may be caused by a
malfunctioning identity source.
Also I have modified my ldap schema as directed in the howto however
(and i'm pretty sure this is the root of my problem) I notice that
when I do an ldapsearch for a group which i've assigned administrator
permissions it does not have the 'uniqueMember' attribute. The
ldapmodify command seemed to run correctly without any complaints.
Also i'm running freeipa 4.1.
Watching the ldap traffic between the two boxes show that vcenter is
binding successfully however when it does a search request with the
following filter;"Filter:
(&(objectClass=groupOfUniqueNames)(uniqueMember=uid=adminuser,cn=users,cn=compat,dc=localdomain,dc=local))"it
returns no results.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Cheers,
Rees