On 03/04/2015 04:32 PM, sipazzo wrote:
Good afternoon, we have a freeipa 3.0.42 installation running on redhead 6.6 with a mix of rhel 5, rhel6 and Solaris clients. It was originally configured with the built in dogtag certificate CA and then one of my co-workers added our GoDaddy certificate to the certificate bundle. My understanding is this cert is used for communication between the ipa servers as well as the clients are also configured to trust the GoDaddy certificate. We recently had to get a new GoDaddy cert so our old one is revoked. I need to figure out how to either replace the existing revoked cert with the new one or add the new one to the bundle and then remove the revoked certificate so as not to break anything.

Any help is appreciated. I am not strong with certificates so the more detail you can give the better.
Thank you.

You say it was running with the self signed IPA CA and than GoDaddy cert was added to the bundle. How was it added? IPA does not use certs for communication between the instances. It uses Kerberos. I am not sure the DoDaddy cert you added is even used in some way by IPA. It seems that your GoDaddy cert is an orthogonal trust so if you replaced the main key pair then you just need to distribute your new GoDaddy cert to the clients as you did on the first place.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio