Hi all, I have a weird shutdown issue on an IPA instance
(ipa-server-3.3.3-28.0.1.el7.centos.3.x86_64) on CentOS (CentOS Linux release
7.0.1406) that's been working fine for at least six months, maybe longer. It's
replicated to an identical instance that is having no problems.

https://gist.github.com/briantopping/2fc430038b4ca6c80d05
<https://gist.github.com/briantopping/2fc430038b4ca6c80d05> is the relevant
snippets of /var/log/messages. It starts booting up, everything working, then
systemd decides to shut down IPA for no apparent reason. I haven't touched any
system software for several weeks.

When the system is booting, "runlevel" reports "unknown". It seems to be about
the same time that it changes to "N 3" that everything starts shutting down.

My sense is systemd is configured with some dependency in the IPA processes
that it (correctly) finds a fault and shut everything down. I just don't see
anything in the messages above that would indicate such a fault. By the time
it's over, even named is shut down!

Systemd is new to me still, if I need to RTFM, I guess that's one answer, but I
thought I would check here to see if I could get a better idea of how
everything is wired.

I am limping by on the second box for now, so this isn't an emergency.

Thanks for any consideration to this!

Brian