On 03/14/2015 05:50 AM, Rob Verduijn wrote:
For which sssd release is this feature targetted ?

The ability to use OTP with laptops is targeted to the 1.13 release.

Rob Verduijn

    On 03/12/2015 04:59 PM, Jakub Hrozek wrote:

            On 12 Mar 2015, at 21:32, Rob Verduijn
            <rob.verdu...@gmail.com <mailto:rob.verdu...@gmail.com>>
            wrote:

            Hello,

            I was looking into otp authentication and found some
            articles on how to enable this in freeipa.

            I can't seem to figure out how this is going to deal with
            cashed credentials on a laptop that is not able to connect
            the ipa server.

            How is this going to work out when 'native OTP' is being
            used ?

        I'm sorry, but currently it doesn't as with the current
        (sssd-1.12.x) version we treat the long and one-time part as a
        single blob, so we can't cache it.

        In the next version, we'll work on prompting for and handling
        the short and long term parts of the authtok separately, so
        we'll be able to cache credentials.

    Yes. Please do not use current version for laptops.
    See the warning:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html-single/System-Level_Authentication_Guide/index.html#otp

-- Thank you,
    Dmitri Pal

    Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio
    Red Hat, Inc.

-- Manage your subscription for the Freeipa-users mailing list: