That makes perfect sense. I lost a connection to the master. I can fix that.

Thank you!
~J

On 3/24/15 3:26 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Janelle wrote:
Hello,

I have seen this pop up a few times, but no real answers - at least none
that I am finding..

I have not run into it and this was a brand new server farm with about
4000 migrated users from OpenLDAP? Is there something I might be missing
when migrating?

ipa: ERROR: Operations error: Allocation of a new value for range
cn=posix ids,cn=distributed numeric assignment
plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config failed! Unable to proceed.

and of course - the classic 1100 - 1101...

# Posix IDs, Distributed Numeric Assignment Plugin, plugins, config
dn: cn=Posix IDs,cn=Distributed Numeric Assignment
Plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config
objectClass: top
objectClass: extensibleObject
cn: Posix IDs
dnaType: uidNumber
dnaType: gidNumber
dnaNextValue: 1101
dnaMaxValue: 1100
dnaMagicRegen: -1
I'm guessing you removed the master that spawned this one. This is the
initial DNA config where max < next so it should ask the master that
created it for a range.

See http://blog-rcritten.rhcloud.com/?p=50