Ah, may be. This is an issue we fixed in FreeIPA 4.0.2. Upstream ticket:

https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4444

Please let us know if the DNS update fixed the error.

Martin

On 03/25/2015 02:11 PM, Yogesh Sharma wrote:
> I think I got the issue. Realm Name Entry in DNS is added in lower case
> rather than UPPER.
> 
> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Found: cn=SD.INT <http://sd.int/>
> ,cn=kerberos,dc=sd,dc=int
> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Discovery result: REALM_NOT_FOUND; server=None,
> domain=sd.int, kdc=ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int, basedn=dc=sd,dc=int
> 
> Will try changing the Realm and see if it resovled.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> *Best Regards,__________________________________________*
> 
> *Yogesh Sharma*
> *Email: yks0...@gmail.com <yks0...@gmail.com> | Web: www.initd.in
> <http://www.initd.in>*
> 
> RHCE, VCE-CIA, RackSpace Cloud U
> [image: My LinkedIn Profile] <http://in.linkedin.com/in/yks0000>
> 
> 
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 6:13 PM, Yogesh Sharma <yks0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 
>> Hi Martin,
>>
>> Please find the client logs:
>>
>>
>>
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG /usr/sbin/ipa-client-install was invoked with
>> options: {'domain': 'sd.int', 'force': False, 'krb5_offline_passwords':
>> True, 'primary': False, 'mkhomedir': False, 'create_sshfp': True,
>> 'conf_sshd': True, 'conf_ntp': True, 'on_master': True, 'ntp_server': None,
>> 'server': ['ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int'], 'no_nisdomain': False,
>> 'principal': None, 'hostname': 'ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int', 'no_ac':
>> False, 'unattended': True, 'sssd': True, 'trust_sshfp': False,
>> 'realm_name': 'SD.INT', 'dns_updates': False, 'conf_sudo': True,
>> 'conf_ssh': True, 'force_join': False, 'ca_cert_file': None, 'nisdomain':
>> None, 'prompt_password': False, 'permit': False, 'debug': False,
>> 'preserve_sssd': False, 'uninstall': False}
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG missing options might be asked for
>> interactively later
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Loading Index file from
>> '/var/lib/ipa-client/sysrestore/sysrestore.index'
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Loading StateFile from
>> '/var/lib/ipa-client/sysrestore/sysrestore.state'
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG [IPA Discovery]
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Starting IPA discovery with domain=sd.int,
>> servers=['ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int'], hostname=
>> ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Server and domain forced
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG [Kerberos realm search]
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Search DNS for TXT record of _kerberos.sd.int.
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG DNS record found: DNSResult::name:_
>> kerberos.sd.int.,type:16,class:1,rdata={data:sd.int}
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Search DNS for SRV record of _kerberos._
>> udp.sd.int.
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG DNS record found: DNSResult::name:_kerberos._
>> udp.sd.int.,type:33,class:1,rdata={priority:0,port:88,weight:100,server:
>> ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int.}
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG [LDAP server check]
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Verifying that ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int
>> (realm sd.int) is an IPA server
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Init LDAP connection with: ldap://
>> ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int:389
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Search LDAP server for IPA base DN
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Check if naming context 'dc=sd,dc=int' is for
>> IPA
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Naming context 'dc=sd,dc=int' is a valid IPA
>> context
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Search for (objectClass=krbRealmContainer) in
>> dc=sd,dc=int (sub)
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Found: cn=SD.INT,cn=kerberos,dc=sd,dc=int
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Discovery result: REALM_NOT_FOUND; server=None,
>> domain=sd.int, kdc=ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int, basedn=dc=sd,dc=int
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Validated servers:
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG will use discovered domain: sd.int
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG IPA Server not found
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG [IPA Discovery]
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Starting IPA discovery with domain=sd.int,
>> servers=['ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int'], hostname=
>> ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Server and domain forced
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG [Kerberos realm search]
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Search DNS for TXT record of _kerberos.sd.int.
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG DNS record found: DNSResult::name:_
>> kerberos.sd.int.,type:16,class:1,rdata={data:sd.int}
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Search DNS for SRV record of _kerberos._
>> udp.sd.int.
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG DNS record found: DNSResult::name:_kerberos._
>> udp.sd.int.,type:33,class:1,rdata={priority:0,port:88,weight:100,server:
>> ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int.}
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG [LDAP server check]
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Verifying that ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int
>> (realm sd.int) is an IPA server
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Init LDAP connection with: ldap://
>> ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int:389
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Search LDAP server for IPA base DN
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Check if naming context 'dc=sd,dc=int' is for
>> IPA
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Naming context 'dc=sd,dc=int' is a valid IPA
>> context
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Search for (objectClass=krbRealmContainer) in
>> dc=sd,dc=int (sub)
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Found: cn=SD.INT,cn=kerberos,dc=sd,dc=int
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Discovery result: REALM_NOT_FOUND; server=None,
>> domain=sd.int, kdc=ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int, basedn=dc=sd,dc=int
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Validated servers:
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z ERROR Failed to verify that
>> ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int is an IPA Server.
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z ERROR This may mean that the remote server is not up
>> or is not reachable due to network or firewall settings.
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z INFO Please make sure the following ports are opened
>> in the firewall settings:
>>      TCP: 80, 88, 389
>>      UDP: 88 (at least one of TCP/UDP ports 88 has to be open)
>> Also note that following ports are necessary for ipa-client working
>> properly after enrollment:
>>      TCP: 464
>>      UDP: 464, 123 (if NTP enabled)
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG (ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int: Provided as
>> option)
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z ERROR Installation failed. Rolling back changes.
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Loading Index file from
>> '/var/lib/ipa/sysrestore/sysrestore.index'
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG args=ipa-client-automount --uninstall --debug
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG stdout=
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG stderr=IPA client is not configured on this
>> system.
>>
>>
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z ERROR Unconfigured automount client failed: Command
>> 'ipa-client-automount --uninstall --debug' returned non-zero exit status 1
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Loading Index file from
>> '/var/lib/ipa-client/sysrestore/sysrestore.index'
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG Loading StateFile from
>> '/var/lib/ipa-client/sysrestore/sysrestore.state'
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG args=/usr/bin/certutil -L -d /etc/pki/nssdb -n
>> IPA CA
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG stdout=
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG stderr=certutil: Could not find cert: IPA CA
>> : PR_FILE_NOT_FOUND_ERROR: File not found
>>
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG args=/sbin/service messagebus start
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG stdout=Starting system message bus:
>>
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG stderr=
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG args=/sbin/service messagebus status
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG stdout=messagebus (pid  1151) is running...
>>
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG stderr=
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG args=/sbin/service certmonger start
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG stdout=
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG stderr=
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG args=/sbin/service certmonger status
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG stdout=certmonger (pid  13244) is running...
>>
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:49Z DEBUG stderr=
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:57Z DEBUG args=/usr/bin/certutil -L -d /etc/pki/nssdb -n
>> IPA Machine Certificate - ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:57Z DEBUG stdout=
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:57Z DEBUG stderr=certutil: Could not find cert: IPA
>> Machine Certificate - ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int
>> : PR_FILE_NOT_FOUND_ERROR: File not found
>>
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:57Z DEBUG args=/sbin/service certmonger stop
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:57Z DEBUG stdout=Stopping certmonger:     [  OK  ]
>>
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:57Z DEBUG stderr=
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z DEBUG args=/sbin/chkconfig certmonger off
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z DEBUG stdout=
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z DEBUG stderr=
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z INFO Removing Kerberos service principals from
>> /etc/krb5.keytab
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z DEBUG args=/usr/sbin/ipa-rmkeytab -k /etc/krb5.keytab
>> -r SD.INT
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z DEBUG stdout=
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z DEBUG stderr=Removing principal host/
>> ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd....@sd.int
>>
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z INFO Disabling client Kerberos and LDAP configurations
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z DEBUG args=/usr/sbin/authconfig --disablekrb5
>> --disablesssd --update --disablemkhomedir --disableldap --disablesssdauth
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z DEBUG stdout=
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z DEBUG stderr=
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z DEBUG Error while moving /etc/sssd/sssd.conf to
>> /etc/sssd/sssd.conf.deleted
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z INFO Redundant SSSD configuration file
>> /etc/sssd/sssd.conf was moved to /etc/sssd/sssd.conf.deleted
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z DEBUG args=/sbin/service sssd stop
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z DEBUG stdout=
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z DEBUG stderr=
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z DEBUG args=/sbin/chkconfig sssd off
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z DEBUG stdout=
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z DEBUG stderr=
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z DEBUG args=/sbin/service nscd status
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z DEBUG stdout=
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z DEBUG stderr=nscd: unrecognized service
>>
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z INFO nscd daemon is not installed, skip configuration
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z DEBUG args=/sbin/service nslcd status
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z DEBUG stdout=
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z DEBUG stderr=nslcd: unrecognized service
>>
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z INFO nslcd daemon is not installed, skip configuration
>> 2015-03-25T12:29:59Z INFO Client uninstall complete.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> *Best Regards,__________________________________________*
>>
>> *Yogesh Sharma*
>> *Email: yks0...@gmail.com <yks0...@gmail.com> | Web: www.initd.in
>> <http://www.initd.in>*
>>
>> RHCE, VCE-CIA, RackSpace Cloud U
>> [image: My LinkedIn Profile] <http://in.linkedin.com/in/yks0000>
>>
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 6:10 PM, Martin Kosek <mko...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On 03/25/2015 07:46 AM, Yogesh Sharma wrote:
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> We are getting below error while we are installing IPA Server
>>>> (ipa-server-install --no-ntp).
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> **
>>>> *Configuration of client side components failed!*
>>>> *ipa-client-install returned: Command '/usr/sbin/ipa-client-install
>>>> --on-master --unattended --domain sd.int <http://sd.int> --server
>>>> ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int <http://ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int> --realm
>>>> SD.INT <http://SD.INT> --hostname ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int
>>>> <http://ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int>' returned non-zero exit status 1*
>>>>
>>>> **Logs indicate below errors:
>>>>
>>>> *2015-03-25T06:39:59Z DEBUG args=/usr/bin/ldappasswd -h
>>>> ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int <http://ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int> -ZZ -x
>>> -D
>>>> cn=Directory Manager -y /var/lib/ipa/tmpiI0qCS -T /var/lib/ipa/tmp0iYpzn
>>>> uid=admin,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=sd,dc=int*
>>>> *2015-03-25T06:39:59Z DEBUG stdout=*
>>>> *2015-03-25T06:39:59Z DEBUG stderr=*
>>>> *2015-03-25T06:39:59Z DEBUG ldappasswd done*
>>>> *2015-03-25T06:40:10Z DEBUG args=/usr/sbin/ipa-client-install
>>> --on-master
>>>> --unattended --domain sd.int <http://sd.int> --server
>>>> ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int <http://ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int> --realm
>>>> SD.INT <http://SD.INT> --hostname ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int
>>>> <http://ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int>*
>>>> *2015-03-25T06:40:10Z DEBUG stdout=*
>>>> *2015-03-25T06:40:10Z DEBUG stderr=Failed to verify that
>>>> ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int <http://ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int> is an
>>> IPA
>>>> Server.*
>>>> *This may mean that the remote server is not up or is not reachable due
>>> to
>>>> network or firewall settings.*
>>>> *Please make sure the following ports are opened in the firewall
>>> settings:*
>>>> *     TCP: 80, 88, 389*
>>>> *     UDP: 88 (at least one of TCP/UDP ports 88 has to be open)*
>>>> *Also note that following ports are necessary for ipa-client working
>>>> properly after enrollment:*
>>>> *     TCP: 464*
>>>> *     UDP: 464, 123 (if NTP enabled)*
>>>> *Installation failed. Rolling back changes.*
>>>> *Unconfigured automount client failed: Command 'ipa-client-automount
>>>> --uninstall --debug' returned non-zero exit status 1*
>>>> *Removing Kerberos service principals from /etc/krb5.keytab*
>>>> *Disabling client Kerberos and LDAP configurations*
>>>> *Redundant SSSD configuration file /etc/sssd/sssd.conf was moved to
>>>> /etc/sssd/sssd.conf.deleted*
>>>> *nscd daemon is not installed, skip configuration*
>>>> *nslcd daemon is not installed, skip configuration*
>>>> *Client uninstall complete.*
>>>>
>>>> *2015-03-25T06:40:10Z INFO   File
>>>> "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ipaserver/install/installutils.py",
>>> line
>>>> 614, in run_script*
>>>> *    return_value = main_function()*
>>>>
>>>> *  File "/usr/sbin/ipa-server-install", line 1103, in main*
>>>> *    sys.exit("Configuration of client side components
>>>> failed!\nipa-client-install returned: " + str(e))*
>>>>
>>>> *2015-03-25T06:40:10Z INFO The ipa-server-install command failed,
>>>> exception: SystemExit: Configuration of client side components failed!*
>>>> *ipa-client-install returned: Command '/usr/sbin/ipa-client-install
>>>> --on-master --unattended --domain sd.int <http://sd.int> --server
>>>> ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int <http://ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int> --realm
>>>> SD.INT <http://SD.INT> --hostname ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int
>>>> <http://ldap-inf-stg-sg1-01.sd.int>' returned non-zero exit status 1*
>>>>
>>>> **
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> This server is on AWS and I can confirm that all above ports are opened.
>>>> Also as it is installing on same server where IPA Server is being
>>>> installed, Port should not be an issue.
>>>>
>>>> Am I missing anything here.
>>>
>>> Please also share ipaclient-install.log, it should show what is the exact
>>> problem in the client component installation.
>>>
>>>
>>
> 

-- 
Manage your subscription for the Freeipa-users mailing list:
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-users
Go to http://freeipa.org for more info on the project

Reply via email to