On 03/28/2015 12:32 AM, Andy Thompson wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Sankar Ramlingam [mailto:sraml...@redhat.com]
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2015 2:00 PM
To: Andy Thompson
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] passwordStorageScheme

On 03/27/2015 11:17 PM, Andy Thompson wrote:
Can you show me the output for this command?
ldapsearch -LLL -x -p $PORT -h localhost -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w
xxxxx -b "cn=config" |grep -i passwordStorageScheme
Returns

passwordStorageScheme: SSHA

Also, can you paste me the content of pw.ldif file? and tell me what
dn: cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: passwordStorageScheme
passwordStorageScheme: SHA512
It looks like some whitespace characters in your ldif file. Can you recreate the
ldif file with no special/whitespace characters? or can you run ldapmodify
from command line and change the value directly? .

I copied your ldif file content and it failed for me too. Then, I tried copying
my
ldif file and it was a success. Pasting the content here...

dn: cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: passwordStorageScheme
passwordStorageScheme: SHA512
EOF

Thanks much for the assist.  Haven't ever run into that before.
Hi Andy,

So, I understand it was a problem with the LDIF file. I hope the problem is solved now.
Please confirm.

Thanks,
-Sankar R.

-andy