I've just set up an IPA domain that is working with our RHEL 6 clients. (The
servers are running RHEL 7.) But about half of our Linux servers are running
RHEL 5, and I'd like to be able to add these as clients as well. Unfortunately
I haven't been able to get it working. Before I get too deep into debugging and
log files, is this even possible? The documentation that I've been able to find
is unclear on this. So far I've been looking at this thread:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2013-July/msg00277.html

and this document:

https://www.freeipa.org/page/FreeIPAv1:ConfiguringRhelClients#Configuring_RHEL_5_as_an_IPA_Client

but without much success. Is there documentation somewhere that describes the
procedure, if indeed one exists?

David Guertin