On 04/13/2015 08:31 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 04/11/2015 11:34 AM, Christoph Kaminski wrote:
Hi All

with the cmd:

ipa-replica-manage -v list myipaserver

I can see the status of the replication... But I dont understand the field
'last update ended'. What shows the field? The last SUCCESSFULLY update?
The last TRY to update? Something else?
I want to code some monitoring (nagios/icinga) checks for IPA and I need a
authoritative statement/information about the replica status. It is the
right place?
I think so, this shows the nsds5replicalastupdateend field.

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.0/html/Configuration_and_Command_Reference/Configuration_Command_File_Reference-Replication_Attributes_under_cnReplicationAgreementName_cnreplica_cnsuffixName_cnmapping_tree_cnconfig-nsDS5ReplicaLastUpdateEnd.html

CCing Thierry to confirm.

Hello,

A master starts a replication session to a replica. During this session it checks which updates are missing and is sending them. Then it closes the replication session.
If the replica is already up to date, the master will send no update.
The timestamp nsds5replicalastupdateend, is the time when the master has sent all the missing updates (possibly 0 if the replica is up to date) and has no more update to send. The master is waiting for the replica response (on each update) before setting this timestamp.

If an error occurred while sending an update the master resets 'nsds5replicaLastUpdateStart' timestamp.

thanks
thierry