On 04/13/2015 08:23 AM, Thomas Lau wrote:

Hi,

These problem appear randomly, sometime it still work even under heavy packet loss, some times would be like this. So its hard to catch.

On Apr 13, 2015 3:22 PM, "Jakub Hrozek" <jhro...@redhat.com <mailto:jhro...@redhat.com>> wrote:

    On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 01:15:09PM +0800, Thomas Lau wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > We have cronjob which running on a FreeIPA LDAP user; When
    connection
    > between IPA server and client having heavy packet loss, following
    > error would occur:
    >
    > CRON[20637]: Authentication service cannot retrieve
    authentication info

    > I have cache credentials and store password if offline enabled on
    > sssd, how these problem would still happening?

It might be that the cause of the problem is actually the packet loss or some kind of delay. SSSD might not think that it is offline but cron job itself times out and reports failure.
Do you know what operation in the job fails?

    > sssd.conf:
    >
    > cache_credentials = True
    > krb5_store_password_if_offline = True

    Did the use log in at least once offline? You can verify if the
    password
    has been cached using the ldbsearch utility. It would be best to catch
    the occurence of the problem in logs.

Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio