Sina,

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015, Sina Owolabi wrote:

Please what are the downsides of installing without --setup-ca?

I don't know exactly, sorry. If you install with "--setup-ca" an IPA replica and master only differ in two details:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2014-July/msg00115.html

And how do I make certain both servers have the same number of modules?

You have most likely installed all required modules on both machines. You may not have, however, activated the required Apache modules on the master - at least that was my mistake in the past. Check

https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2015-February/msg00041.html

for details.

---
apachectl -t -D DUMP_MODULES
---

shows the active modules of your running Apache on the IPA master. Apache modules are usually enabled/disabled in the Apache configuration file in /etc/httpd.

Please be aware that this _may_ be the cause of your problem. There may be a different cause as well.