Hi Martin

Thanks: I am glad others can benefit from my mistakes.

Cheers

Chrsi

From:   Martin Kosek <mko...@redhat.com>
To:     Alexander Bokovoy <aboko...@redhat.com>, Christopher
            Lamb/Switzerland/IBM@IBMCH
Cc:     freeipa-users@redhat.com, Robert Crittenden
            <rcrit...@redhat.com>, Simo Sorce <sso...@redhat.com>, Dmitri
            Pal <d...@redhat.com>
Date:   27.04.2015 12:51
Subject:        Old FreeIPA upstream guides removed (WAS: Re: [Freeipa-users]
            Web UI: Migrated Admins missing action buttons)

> We really need to remove this version 1.x documentation, it is giving too
much confusion.

I agree, this was the last straw. I just did an update to FreeIPA.org
mediawiki
and (besides upgrading to new Mediawiki) replaced the deprecated FreeIPA
1.2.1
and 2.0.0 guides with a redirection to:

http://www.freeipa.org/page/Upstream_User_Guide

which contains the reasoning and updated list of deprecated guides and a
link
to the current documentations.

HTH. If anyone needs the old guides, I can zip them and add as a download
Documentation section.

Martin