Hi all,

First I'd like to say thank you for the fantastic product. We've been using FreeIPA since v 1 and it's been fantastic.

Recently we've hit a slight snag, however. We used this document (https://www.freeipa.org/page/Windows_authentication_against_FreeIPA) to setup Windows to use FreeIPA for it's back end authentication. This works really well and we are really happy with it.

To integrate a CIFS server with FreeIPA we ran 'ipa-adtrust-install' on our FreeIPA servers, this added several attributes to every user as expected. However, now when users try to log on to a Windows machine with their FreeIPA credentials they can log on but they are no longer in any Windows groups (Administrators or Remote Desktop Users in this case). This was working before running ipa-adtrust-install.

If you remove the following attributes from the user Windows works again but samba no longer does:

objectclass=ipantuserattrs
ipantsecurityidentifier=<SID>

I've been banging my head against the wall on this for a while, and can't seem to get everything to mesh. Can anyone make any recommendations?

Best,
Zach