----- Original Message -----
> I am using Samba4 as a DC to authenticate windows hosts and would like to use
> the same user accounts on the Samba4 DC for authentication on my linux
> servers as well. Is it possible to perform this type setup using Samba4 and
> Freeipa together? Please provide any excellent guides for this setup too
> pls. Thank you in advance!
This is not possible right now. Samba 4 AD DC is missing cross-forest trust
support
which is required for interoperability with FreeIPA. There is ongoing work on
implemented needed features in Samba and current set of patches to be merged
upstream
measured in several hundreds commits. We plan to target Samba 4.3 timeframe.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy