On 05/06/2015 12:25 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 05/06/2015 07:48 AM, Christoph Kaminski wrote:
Hi

we have some undefinably problems here with IPA inside a VM (rhev/kvm). We
has often zombie processes (defunct) with certmonger and dirsrv and
segfaults (dmesg)... We have 8 IPA servers, 4 Hardware and 4 VM's with
same Install (rhel7.1). We see these problems only on the VM's. Is there
something already known about such problems?

(The VM's have ever 4 CPU's and 2GB RAM, we have circa 120 Users/Groups)
I do not recall any specific VM problems in particular (maybe except that NTPD
does not work too well in VMs), so I would recommend checking for the real
reasons of crash. Maybe there are some useful errors in the DS/certmonger log
files.

If not, seeing the stack trace of the crash would help us/dirsrv developers
identify the problem:

http://directory.fedoraproject.org/docs/389ds/FAQ/faq.html#debug_crashes

For IPA, to get full stacktraces, you will also need to do this:

# debuginfo-install ipa-server slapi-nis