On 06/05/15 22:28, Andrey Ptashnik wrote:
Hello Team,

We are hosting a few servers at Amazon and using their Elastic Load Balancing service that gives us a link to a load balancer in the following format:

webserver-1234567890.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com

I was looking for a ways to implement a shorter alias using CNAME like:

webserver.mydomain.com pointing to longer link from the load balancer webserver-1234567890.us-west-2.elb.amazonaws.com

Is there a way to do it in RHEL 7.1 with IPA server 4.1.0 using different domain names?

Regards,

Andrey

Hello Andrey,

If I understand correctly, IPA manages mydomain.com zone, so adding CNAME record should be simple:

ipa dnsrecord-add mydomain.com webserver --cname-rec='webserver-1234567890.us-west-2.elb.amazonaws.com.' # <-- do not forget to add dot at the end

If mydomain.com is managed outside IPA, the CNAME should be set on that external server, IPA cannot help in this case.

Martin

--
Martin Basti