On 14/05/15 11:58, Remigio Moncayo Serrano wrote:

Hello,

I’ve been put in charge of implementing a solution that uses LDAP and kerberos authentication. At first thought I should use openLDAP and Kerberos but found freeIPA and looks really cool, however, when trying to install I keep getting this error about configuration of CA:

The following operations may take some minutes to complete.

Please wait until the prompt is returned.

Configuring NTP daemon (ntpd)

  [1/4]: stopping ntpd

  [2/4]: writing configuration

  [3/4]: configuring ntpd to start on boot

  [4/4]: starting ntpd

Done configuring NTP daemon (ntpd).

Configuring directory server for the CA (pkids): Estimated time 30 seconds

  [1/3]: creating directory server user

  [2/3]: creating directory server instance

  [3/3]: restarting directory server

ipa : CRITICAL Failed to restart the directory server. See the installation log for details.

Done configuring directory server for the CA (pkids).

Configuring certificate server (pki-cad): Estimated time 3 minutes 30 seconds

  [1/20]: creating certificate server user

  [2/20]: configuring certificate server instance

ipa : CRITICAL failed to configure ca instance Command '/usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/pkisilent ConfigureCA -cs_hostname ipatest.ingenia.local -cs_port 9445 -client_certdb_dir /tmp/tmp-ARezzO -client_certdb_pwd XXXXXXXX -preop_pin f0dLhx9bLX5qWHYx50h6 -domain_name IPA -admin_user admin -admin_email root@localhost -admin_password XXXXXXXX -agent_name ipa-ca-agent -agent_key_size 2048 -agent_key_type rsa -agent_cert_subject CN=ipa-ca-agent,O=INGENIA.LOCAL -ldap_host ipatest.ingenia.local -ldap_port 7389 -bind_dn cn=Directory Manager -bind_password XXXXXXXX -base_dn o=ipaca -db_name ipaca -key_size 2048 -key_type rsa -key_algorithm SHA256withRSA -save_p12 true -backup_pwd XXXXXXXX -subsystem_name pki-cad -token_name internal -ca_subsystem_cert_subject_name CN=CA Subsystem,O=INGENIA.LOCAL -ca_subsystem_cert_subject_name CN=CA Subsystem,O=INGENIA.LOCAL -ca_ocsp_cert_subject_name CN=OCSP Subsystem,O=INGENIA.LOCAL -ca_server_cert_subject_name CN=ipatest.ingenia.local,O=INGENIA.LOCAL -ca_audit_signing_cert_subject_name CN=CA Audit,O=INGENIA.LOCAL -ca_sign_cert_subject_name CN=Certificate Authority,O=INGENIA.LOCAL -external false -clone false' returned non-zero exit status 255

Configuration of CA failed

I’m including two install logs, one with dns-setup and the other without it. Don’t really know what I’m doing wrong, thought maybe I should allow connections to certain ports in ip tables or something but have no clue really and I’m quite new to this, help please..

Regards,

Remigio

Hello,

can you please check error logs of DS?
/var/log/dirsrv/slapd-*/errors

And please post here an error why DS restart failed.

Martin

--
Martin Basti