Vangass wrote:
Hi,

I try to set FreeIPA as a LDAP server for HP iLO authentication. iLO
client sends dn as "cn=bartosz,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com"
but in FreeIPA there is no cn=bartosz just uid=bartosz (as for any other
user I create is uid). Is it possible to modify uid to cn or is there
any other option?

Thanks,
Bartosz Witkowski

Others have had the same issue, https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2014-January/msg00180.html

If you are running EL 7+ you should be able to create a compat configuration to make it work but it isn't clear if anyone has done this work on IPA 3.3+ or not yet (IIRC the users in this thread were all still on RHEL 6).