On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 12:38:47PM -0400, thewebbie wrote:

> I have been attempting to use my 4.1.4  FreeIPA server to authenticate
> folders on a web server as a replacement for the normal htaccess feature. I
> do require group authentication. I have tried just about online example and
> have only been able to get basic ldap and basic kerbos authentication.  How
> do I go about getting group based authentication working.

If you do not insist on group based authentication but can use
the more generic host-based access control (which you should be able
to do because you have IPA), you can use mod_authnz_pam:

        http://www.adelton.com/apache/mod_authnz_pam/

        http://www.freeipa.org/page/Web_App_Authentication

The module is packaged in Fedoras, RHEL, and CentOS.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Senior Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat