Sina Owolabi wrote:
Hi Rob

This is the only CA master. The one I cloned it from was
decommissioned,  reinstalled and then  made to be a replica of this server.

Looks like I'm really stuck.  How do I export the data out so I can
reinstall from scratch, if possible? There are a lot of rules and
configuration data I'd really like to keep.

So in this case you have no master managing the renewal.

Take a look at http://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/Promote_CA_to_Renewal_and_CRL_Master#Procedure_in_FreeIPA_.3C_4.0 starting at the step "Reconfigure a CA as the new master"

Since at least one certificate has expired you'll need to go back in time to get this working. Be sure to restart IPA after going back to ensure that the CA is up.

You'll eventually want to do the CRL changes as well.

rob

On Wed, May 20, 2015, 2:32 PM Rob Crittenden <rcrit...@redhat.com
<mailto:rcrit...@redhat.com>> wrote:

    Sina Owolabi wrote:
     > Another key difference I noticed is that the problematic certs have
     > CA:IPA in them, while the working certs have CA:
     > dogtag-ipa-retrieve-agent-submit.

    Ok, the full output is really helpful.

    First an explanation of CA subsystem renewal.

    CA clones are just that, exact clones of each other, which means they
    use the same subsystem certificates for OCSP, audit, etc. This also
    means that at renewal time they need to be renewed on only one master
    and then somehow shared with the ohter clones.

    The initially-installed CA is designated as the renewal master by
    default. It configures certmonger to renew the CA subsytem certificates
    and put the new public cert into a shared area in IPA that will be
    replicated to the other masters.

    The non-renewal masters are configured with a special CA,
    dogtag-ipa-retrieve-agent-submit, that looks in this shared area for an
    updated certificate and when available, it installs it.

    So the issue is that it isn't seeing this updated certificate, hence
    CA_WORKING.

    The CA_UNREACHABLE are due to the fact that the IPA RA agent certificate
    that IPA uses to talk to the CA expired on 04/29.

    So the steps you need to take are:

    1. Check your other CA masters and see if they have been renewed
    properly (getcert list will tell you, look for expiration in 2017).
    2. If they have, see if the data was pushed to LDAP

    $ kinit admin
    $ ldapsearch -Y GSSAPI -b cn=ca_renewal,cn=ipa,cn=etc,dc=example,dc=com

    See if there are certificate entries there. Check on multiple masters to
    see if there is a replication issue.

    If the certs are there you can try restarting certmonger to kickstart
    the request.