On 05/25/2015 12:24 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 05/25/2015 12:45 AM, Bill Graboyes wrote:
Hi List,

I have been digging around on this system that hung for the past hour or two
trying to figure out why dirserv seemed to be hung.  It was not using
resources, nor was there any information in any of the log files (dirserv,
sssd, etc), it was just stopped.  I was unable to run ipactl and get any
response.  The server would not even reboot cleanly (I had to power it off).
Of note that there didn't seem to be any problems with systems accessing via
sssd, but systems that were accessing via direct ldap connections, the
connection would just hang.

OS and Version information:
CentOS Linux release 7.1.1503 (Core)
ipa-server-4.1.0-18.el7.centos.3.x86_64
Hello,

I would suggesting starting with providing the information asked for in the 389
DS FAQ:

http://directory.fedoraproject.org/docs/389ds/FAQ/faq.html#debugging-hangs

Martin

For IPA, you will also need to do: debuginfo-install ipa-server slapi-nis