On Fri, 05 Jun 2015, Nathan Peters wrote:
I had originally set this up with AD trust but when we found out that our alternative UPNs were not supported we switched to ad sync. I removed the trust relationship from the webui by deleting all trusts showing in the ui.

I then set it up for sync.

Do I need to remove the trust from the command line as well? Does deleting a trust in the web ui not remove *all* settings related to that trust?
No, it removes the trust the same way.

However, do you have anything in /var/log/krb5kdc.log which points to
SID filtering or a crash?

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy