On 06/22/2015 10:31 AM, Christoph Kaminski wrote:
> Unfortunately I don't have access there.
>

> In fact we have a bigger issue here, but I don't know, if it's related.
>
> The whole story is the following:
>
> I migrated (ipa migrate-ds) about 150 users between two ldap
> databases. Old one was v3.0 (centos 6.6), the new one is v4.1 (centos 7.1).
> After migrating users I switched off old servers and replaced centos
> 6.6 machines with centos 7.1. Than replica servers was installed.
> One replicas had to be reinstalled one time, because the replica
> process was hanged up for some reason.
> Now two servers (not the reinstalled one, but the original master
> and one other) crash quite frequently with sigsegv. It's like
> something is leaking.
>
> I tuned the the nsslapd-cachememsize value of the following config entries:
>
> dn: cn=changelog,cn=ldbm database,cn=plugins,cn=config
> dn: cn=config, cn=ldbm database, cn=plugins, cn=config
> dn: cn=userRoot,cn=ldbm database,cn=plugins,cn=config
>
> It helped a lot, but not enough.
>

> I had seen this before years ago, when I started using ipa. It was
> on Fedora and the bleeding edge Freeipa version. At that time I
> switched to CentOS because I trusted more in the well tested
> enterprise distribution.
> But now it's not an option:)
>

> Any suggestion?

As I have mentioned above, see at the "Haunted servers?" thread here on list. There are solutions etc for a similiar problem. This is all there what I know about this problem. (The RH Ticket has far less informations and not really a solution for it (sad :/ ))

In my particular case I'm interested, whether it can crash servers.
Does it for you? I don't see it in that thread.

tamas