Matt . wrote:
Hi Guys,

I found some good information about migrating from 3.3 to 4.x using replica's.

It's not 100% clear what I can do on a CentOS 6.6 install with 3.0 as
CentOS doesn't provide 3.3.

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/upgrading.html

Some other question is that my hostnames are now like ipa-01 and
ipa-02 where I make one replica ipa-01-1 and finally go from there.

But what is the best way to set my hostnames back to ipa-01 from
ipa-01-1 (and maybe ipa-02-1) ?

I hope for some good suggestions.

You can't change a hostname in IPA. You'd need to create ipa-01-1 and ipa-02-1, confirm that they are working ok, delete ipa-01 and ipa-02, then re-create those as new replicas, connect them, then delete the -1 versions. It is a lot of trouble to go through to preserve a hostname.

Things to consider:
- maintaining a CA throughout
- consider DNA ranges
- ensure that RUVs are properly cleaned up