On 06/18/2015 04:41 AM, markus....@mc.ingenico.com wrote:

Hi @all,

I am new to freeIPA operating and are facing an issue with mail object in freeIPA. We are running Jira from Atlassian and are trying to authenticate against freeIPA. The authentication process is running but mail object is not provided by freeIPA to Jira to inform users about new events / trackers or whatsoever. If a test object is displayed with ldapsearch mail attribute is available and set but is not useable by Jira.

How is it possibilt to inherit mail accounts in Jira to be able to authenticate and use FreeIPA as IDM for Jira as well as for Liunx systems.

Is there any documentation that explains what Jira expects in this case?
I suspect Jira is looking for some specific object class that might not be set by IPA by default. You can add some object classes to IPA objects, that might potentially help to solve the problem but some pointers would helpful to understand the issue first.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Director of Engineering for IdM portfolio
Red Hat, Inc.