On 06/30/2015 03:54 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:
Hi,

389-ds allows to configure the max size of the replication changelog either by setting a maximum record number or a maximum age of changes. freeIPA does not use this setting. In the context of ticket https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/5086 we are discussing to change the default to
enable changelog trimming.

Does anyone already use changlog trimming or is there a scenario where you rely on all changes being available ?

Thanks for your feedback,
Ludwig

Hello,

   I think it is reasonable to set nsds5ReplicaPurgeDelay and
   nsslapd-changelogmaxage to similar value.

   When a replica (master or consumer) is down for some time and is
   restarted, both attribute express the ability to get the replica in
   sync with the rest of the topology.
   It can work (and likely will) if
   nsds5ReplicaPurgeDelay<nsslapd-changelogmaxage but there are always
   corner cases that can lead to problem (like entries that diverge).

   Currently purgedelay=7days (default) and changelogmaxage is infinite
   and changing purgedelay=infinite impacts the size of the entries.

   thanks
   thierry