On 07/03/2015 02:03 PM, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 3.7.2015 11:45, thierry bordaz wrote:
On 06/30/2015 03:54 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:
Hi,

389-ds allows to configure the max size of the replication changelog either
by setting a maximum record number or a maximum age of changes.
freeIPA does not use this setting. In the context of ticket
https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/5086 we are discussing to change the
default to
enable changelog trimming.

Does anyone already use changlog trimming or is there a  scenario where you
rely on all changes being available ?

Thanks for your feedback,
Ludwig

Hello,

    I think it is reasonable to set nsds5ReplicaPurgeDelay and
    nsslapd-changelogmaxage to similar value.

    When a replica (master or consumer) is down for some time and is
    restarted, both attribute express the ability to get the replica in
    sync with the rest of the topology.
    It can work (and likely will) if
    nsds5ReplicaPurgeDelay<nsslapd-changelogmaxage but there are always
    corner cases that can lead to problem (like entries that diverge).

    Currently purgedelay=7days (default) and changelogmaxage is infinite
    and changing purgedelay=infinite impacts the size of the entries.
I wonder if these values could/should be controlled by topology plugin. Does
it make sense to have different values on different replicas?
no, and it would be possible, but would be an extension of the scope of the topo plugin, so far we only manage agreements between
replicas and not replicas themselves.