Consistency sounds good.

How would the name change affect yum update?

Chris

From:   Petr Spacek <pspa...@redhat.com>
To:     freeipa-users@redhat.com
Date:   17.07.2015 10:49
Subject:        [Freeipa-users] Rename or not to rename (packages only)?
            freeipa-server -> ipa-server?
Sent by:        freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com

Hello users and developers,

I wonder what do you think about naming inconsistency in FreeIPA packages.

Packages in Fedora are prefixed with freeipa-* but in RHEL (and
derivatives)
the packages are named as ipa-*. Given that command line interface is in
all
cases 'ipa', it seems like a inconsistency.

Are there any reasons not to rename freeipa-* *packages* to ipa-*?

Naturally name of project would still be FreeIPA :-)

This rename would remove the inconsistency which drives me crazy when I
need
to script something universally for RHEL and Fedora.

Have a nice day!

--
Petr^2 Spacek