Hi Chris,

Thanks for the heads up, indeed local is 4 I see now when I add a
group from the GUI, great thanks!

But do you use Directory Manager as ldap admin user or some other
admin account ?

I'm not sure id DM is needed and it should get that deep into IPA.
Also when starting samba it cannot find "such user" as that sounds
quite known as it has no UID.

>From your config I see you use DM, this should work ?

Thanks!

Matt