Janelle wrote:

On 8/4/15 9:06 AM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:

On 08/04/2015 05:40 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Janelle wrote:
Hello again,

Just to keep your Tuesday fun, is this possible:

16 servers.
ipa-replica-manage list  <---- shows all 16

1 of the servers broke a couple of weeks ago and was removed with
"clean-ruv" but STILL shows up in the replica list, but not a single
master has a replica agreement with it, so there is no way to delete it
since trying to do "ipa-replica-manage del" with any options, including
force, from ANY servers says there is no replica agreement. How is this
possible and how do I get rid of the phantom replica? and I did try
--cleanup and it took it, but did nothing. And there is NOTHING in the
logs??

To further clarify, it is not a CA either, and never was.

Very confusing indeed. I just like to keep the developers on their
toes.
:-)
don't know if I want to know the answer, but is it contained in the
ruvs ?
No. That is why I am baffled. I want to re-add the server to help with
ldapmodify is going to be required.  I don't even have any strange
CSN/replicas that can't be decoded in list-ruv

Like I said, this has nothing to do with replication or replication agreements. It pulls the list from cn=masters. You can try to delete entries manually but you run the risk of missing something.

rob

~J

list shows the those entries in cn=masters,cn=ipa,cn=etc,$SUFFIX. It
doesn't show agreements or topology.

What output do you see when --cleanup is used?

You should check the 389-ds access log after this is run as well to
see what searches and mods were attempted.