Hi Christopher,

how to update the compat tree accordingly? Our developers edited the values in
FreeIPA but don´t see the nis id´s and therefore can´t edit them.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Christopher Lamb [mailto:christopher.l...@ch.ibm.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 4. August 2015 11:27
An: Moj, Markus
Cc: freeipa-users@redhat.com
Betreff: Re: [Freeipa-users] FreeIPA user ID differs

Markus

Have you checked both the cn=accounts and cn=compat trees?.  Users and groups
are stored in both, and both would need manipulation...

Ciao

Chris

From:   <markus....@mc.ingenico.com>
To:     <freeipa-users@redhat.com>
Date:   04.08.2015 11:14
Subject:        [Freeipa-users] FreeIPA user ID differs
Sent by:        freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com

Hi @all,

I´ve encountered a strange „error“. I´ve created a user with a generated UID
from the predefined range. After creation I´ve had to manipulate the UID to fit
an old NIS configuration and set the UID to the old NIS value.
FreeIPA shows the correct UID as well as ldapsearch. But if I logon onto a host
and enter `id <username>` I receive the old UID, GID and groups information
instead of the corrected one.

Maybe someone can help me out to pinpoint the error and to fix it.

Cheers,
Markus--