Hi,

I'm having an issue re-adding a client to freeipa (same hostname). When I
removed the client from the domain I uninstalled freeipa on the client (using
ipa-client-install --uninstall), removed the keytab, and ran ipa host-del FQDN
on the the freeipa master. Everything has been rebooted. I cannot re-add the
client to the domain (running ipa-client-install) and receive this error :
"Joining realm failed. RPC failed @ server. Hostname already exists."

If I look in the UI I see the hostname under hosts, but it does not show the
host as enrolled and throws an error that the host doesn't exist.
Running ipa host-find FQDN shows 1 host matched.
Running ipa host-show FQDN says the hosts doesn't exist.
If I run ipa del-host FQDN I receive an error that the host was not found.
If I run ipa host-add FQDN I receive an error that the host already exists.

Please Advise, I'm wondering if there is some record in LDAP that is maybe
causing this problem.

Thanks,
Alicia

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email constitutes an electronic communication
within the meaning of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C.
2510, and its disclosure is strictly limited to the named recipient(s) intended
by the sender of this message. This email, and any attachments, may contain
confidential and/or proprietary information of Scientific Research Corporation.
If you are not a named recipient, any copying, using, disclosing or
distributing to others the information in this email and attachments is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this email in error, please notify
the sender immediately and permanently delete the email, any attachments, and
all copies thereof from any drives or storage media and destroy any printouts
or hard copies of the email and attachments.

EXPORT COMPLIANCE NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain technical
data subject to U.S export restrictions under the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Export or
transfer of this technical data and/or related information to any foreign
person(s) or entity(ies), either within the U.S. or outside of the U.S., may
require advance export authorization by the appropriate U.S. Government agency
prior to export or transfer. In addition, technical data may not be exported or
transferred to certain countries or specified designated nationals identified
by U.S. embargo controls without prior export authorization. By accepting this
email and any attachments, all recipients confirm that they understand and will
comply with all applicable ITAR, EAR and embargo compliance requirements.