On 08/20/2015 11:57 AM, Detlev Habicht wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i am new using IPA and learning IPA i am also learning some
> other things new for me.
>
> Migrating our system to IPA i found some problems with private groups.
> We don’t used it up to now.
>
> Trying to disable this feature with
>
> ipa-managed-entries -e „UPG Definition“ -p xxx disable
>
> crashed my database.

By crashed, you mean that Directory Server process crashed? If yes, it would be
really interesting to get a stack trace, steps in

http://directory.fedoraproject.org/docs/389ds/FAQ/faq.html#debug_crashes

This would allow 389-DS developers to fix the bug.

> I don’t know why. After this i can’t
> create new users.

IIRC, you would need to turn the default "ipausers" group into POSIX group
(group-mod --posix), to let it be used it instead of the user private groups.
But this depends on the error you are getting.

> For this problem i have no more information.
>
> But i have a question:
>
> Can i delete a private group after creating an user? How can i do this?

You can use "group-detach" command and then "group-del" on the detached managed
group.

> And can i later create a private group again for this user? How?

Hmm... You could do group-add command with the right GID, I do not know about
single command doing that.