Mike LoSapio wrote:
Hey there -

I’m working a FreeIPA box (ipa-server-3.0.0-42) - Our original PKI
“master” was nuked a while ago and I have a suspicion that none of the
other “master” freeipa replicas were “promoted” (sorry for the over-use
of “ )

So we went ahead and ran through these instructions and are currently in
a weird state:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/IPA_2x_Certificate_Renewal

krb5 won’t start and the getcert list command is returning CA_UNREACHABLE

krb5kdc: Server error - while fetching master key K/M for realm

See if the LDAP server is running.

status: CA_UNREACHABLE
ca-error: Error setting up ccache for "host" service on client using
default keytab: Cannot contact any KDC for realm

This makes sense since the KDC isn't running.

So I don’t think I can promote another master/replica ?

There really is no promotion, all IPA servers are masters. The only difference is what extra services (CA, DNS) may be running and who controls renewal and CRL generation. See http://blog-rcritten.rhcloud.com/?p=67