On 5.9.2015 12:48, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> System CentOS 7.
>
> is it possible to change a certificate to add a subject alt name?
>
> My "Problem" is, I have a Mail Server with name smtp.example.com and the
> correct service certificates smtp/smtp.example.com & imap/example.com now I
> make in my DNS Server (is a external system) a new Record "imap IN CNAME
> smtp"
> but this is now missing in the certificate?
>
> The Problem I mean is DNSSEC, so I can't setup this with freeIPA and I don’t
> have a host/imap.example.com.

I'm sorry but I do not see how this is related to DNS. It might not be related
to IPA at all.

IPA only issues the cert. If the cert contains both subjectAltNames then the
problem is likely in your DNS configuration or in configuration on the
application server side (where you installed the cert).

Unfortunately I'm not able to tell you more without more details - what
application you use, what versions, how did you it configured, etc.

--
Petr^2 Spacek