On 9/10/15 7:55 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 09/09/2015 09:50 PM, Janelle wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has played with thee extended logging of IPA and
specifically SSSD and the kibana dashboards they put together.
https://www.freeipa.org/page/Centralized_Logging

I can't seem to get "clients" to send the login info
(https://www.freeipa.org/images/6/65/Rek-user-logins.png) , even though I see
the data in the logs, and was wondering if anyone has any tips?

Thank you
~Janelle
Thanks for feedback, I am CCing Peter Schiffer and Jakub Hrozek who were
involved more in the client parts.

What did you run for configuring the client? ipa-log-config from

https://github.com/pschiffe/ipa-log-config

?
Hi Martin,

Yes, I did run the log config tool. It works flawlessly on the IPA servers, but although it claims it sets everything up on clients, I am seeing no actual data, even though, there is data in the logs themselves.. So I am busy trying to debug where rsyslog is missing something. I am more of a syslog-ng person, so I am having to learn all the bits and pieces of rsyslog, and perhaps I am missing something.

To further help -- I have tried 2 methods of a client. One with a client that was "enrolled" via standard ipa-client-install, and another LDAP-only client, still using SSSD but only configured with LDAP settings for Auth.

~J