My organization is evaluating new methods of user account provisioning in
Linux. What advantages does freeIPA offer over just SSSD?

Some background - we use Active Directory for everything but have a small linux
footprint (25 servers). However, many services are going to be migrated from
AIX to Linux, and this will increase the number of Linux servers to well over
100.

I've been testing FreeIPA 4.1.0, but having a hard time determining if sssd by
itself is 'enough' or if the additional complexity of setting up FreeIPA with a
new DNS zone and a 2-way trust with active directory can be justified.

Thanks,
Tyler