On 09/24/2015 08:53 AM, Martin Basti wrote:

On 09/24/2015 04:43 PM, Rich Megginson wrote:
On 09/24/2015 08:32 AM, Aric Wilisch wrote:
I need a way to validate that both the primary and the redundant FreeIPA server’s DNS zones are in sync. What’s the simplest way for me to do this?

Do a DNS query to confirm that the SOA record for the primary is identical to the SOA for the secondary.

SOA serials are not replicated.

So with IPA you can have a master DNS and a replica DNS that have different SOA?

Then the records are replicated using the standard IPA dirsrv replication protocol?

In that case, doesn't ipa-replica-manage have a way to ask if the replicas are in sync?

You can get all  records via AXFR, and compare them per zone.

Maybe you can use python-dns to do comparation

http://www.dnspython.org/examples.html

That seems pretty heavyweight if there are a lot records.

HTH
Martin

My boss won’t let me continue with an upgrade until he’s sure the primary and redundant servers have the same DNS records and are in sync. I’ve tried finding documentation on this but keep coming up blank.

Thanks in advance.