On 9/28/15 6:10 AM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Janelle wrote:
Hello,

I continue to see these a lot, but only on some servers. It causes a lot
of confusions with my users. There must be a way to troubleshoot this
and find the issue. Also, there is nothing wrong with the password
policies. They are all set to default, and this occurs even when a
user's password has expired.  The only thing I can say is it tends to
happen on more heavily loaded servers than lightly loaded ones. And
perhaps the most important point - the password *IS* changed successfully!

Changing password for user expired-user.
Current Password:
New password:
Retype new password:
Password change failed. Server message: Current password's minimum life
has not expired

Password not changed.
passwd: Authentication token manipulation error

Thoughts? Anything?

~Janelle

What tool is changing the expired password?

I'd be curious to see the password policy for the user, ipa
pwpolicy-show --user=<user>

Seeing the krbLastPwdChange and krbPasswordExpiration might be handy too.

rob
And, please accept my apology if that was worded poorly on my reply. Very appreciative for the help, just was trying to steer away from the actual password policy having anything to do with it. As I re-read my reply, I thought it might have sounded rude in the email. Not intended to be that way.

~J