On 11/10/15 21:39, Benjamin Reed wrote:
On 10/11/15 12:59 PM, Benjamin Reed wrote:
...but I'm not sure exactly what format to use to import a
"$6$salt$hash" style password from an existing debian system.

Just a note for future folks trying to do this, I was able to do it by
enabling adding users with {CRYPT}:

ipa config-mod --enable-migration=1
ipa user-add \
     --first=John --last=Doe \
     --setattr userPassword='{CRYPT}$6$salt$hash' john_doe

Now I just need them to ssh in once to initialize kerberos passwords, right?

That's all you need if you are inm migration mode and the server they log in is configured with SSSD.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York