With a multi master setup FreeIPA could be considered "resilient" however
this is dependant on some other architectural considerations. For our
customers we deploy two per location and put both servers as entries in
/etc/resolv.conf. As FreeIPA service discovery is done with SRV records
this approach seems to just work™.

Using freeipa for DNS can be a bit of a double edged sword because it does
not yet support some of the DNS features essential in complex environments
such as split horizon. For vanilla installations it seems DNS is essential
to FreeIPA's resilience. Trying to do IP failover or other tricks seems to
cause havoc with Kerberos but we never really tried.