On 11/03/2015 04:24 PM, Andrew Krause wrote:
I upgraded 4 at the same time actually.  It makes sense why the objects were
created and I do understand how replication conflicts are handled.  I just
wanted to be absolutely certain that it was ok to delete these objects since it
seems pointless to ever keep them around.  Has there been any talk of a
mechanism to just handle this on a regular basis (not that this situation
should happen regularly)?
there are requests to hide these conflict entries so that the do not interfere with other operations and there is ongoing discussion in DS to implement another mechanism which doesn't have these side effects. But on the other hand these entries are not generated out of the blue, they indicate a scenario on the application/client side where the same entry is added simultaneously on two or more servers. maybe as Martin said by upgrading in parallel or by impatient clients which move to another servers if no immediat success or by misconfigured proxies or load balancers which send ops to multiple masters. So these conflict entries could also seen as a hint that somthing is or was wrong. You can proactively check for these entries before and harm is done and delete them. Do
ldapsearch -b "<SUFFIX>" "nsds5ReplConflict=*" nsds5ReplConflict