Done and done, although imported users' membership in their OpenLDAP primary group wasn't preserved because a al catch22, that group could be made default until it was imported, but was easily rectified via the UI

I can almost live with these gigantic UIDs set for new users but the default GID, in spite of having set the default group (which is respected, but i would have expected the default GID to follow?) gets set to some unique and amusingly massive value. i've trawled a few old list posts but as with any project that spans years, you never know if you're reading something that became definitive or not, so i ask again:

Is it possible to pin new users' GID to my POSIX legacy "all-users" GID? And is it possible to elect a starting UID? Doesn't (although i'd prefer it) have to be a continuation of the POSIX range (1100+) i imported but something more humanly parseable would be better. In spite of an early post i came across which says "consider that future merger", it ain;'t going to happen on a F500 scale for us

Now for something completely different(ish): why was 4.x never build as EL6 RPMs? I am "mildly" resenting having to set up EL7, with all of it's uncharming peculiarities, in order to get relatively recent IPA 4.1 thus preserving future upgradability.

Thanks very much, Rob and Martin, for your quick and helpful replies

cheers

Cal Sawyer | Systems Engineer | BlueBolt Ltd