I am certain that everyone gets tired of answering the same questions over and over, so maybe an update to the documentation would be better. I am trying to get my Windows machines to authenticate against a FreeIPA server running IPA 4.2+ on RHEL 7. I have followed the documentation listed on https://www.freeipa.org/page/Windows_authentication_against_FreeIPA, but there seems to be a few steps missing.

In the Configure FreeIPA you are told to create a keytab for the Windows machine in question. After creating the keytab, what do you do with it? It jumps from creating the keytab to configuring Windows but does not say what to do with the keytab and the instructions never reference it again. Would someone please clarify this and is this something we would need to do for each and every Windows machine on our network?

Randy

--
Randy Morgan
CSR