Jeffrey Stormshak wrote:
Thank you for the response.  If I may, can you expand more on the sudoers
response?

More details from my configuration ...
The current setup for me is that all my sudoers rules/commands and groups are
defined and stored in the RHEL 7.1 IDM LDAP.  When I create the
/etc/sudo-ldap.conf (snippet below), I'm still not able to get it working on
these 5.5 Linux clients.

uri ldap://ldap-server-name/
sudoers_base ou=SUDOers,dc=EXAMPLE,dc=COM
binddn uid=sudo,cn=sysaccounts,cn=etc,dc=EXAMPLE,dc=COM
bindpw secret_pass
bind_timelimit 5
timelimit 15

In your experience, am I missing some other component?  PAM Modules?  Reference
in the /etc/nsswitch.conf?

It's hard to know what to recommend since you haven't said what isn't working.

Your nssswitch.conf should have:

sudoers: files ldap

You probably want to add sudoers_debug 2 to your sudo-ldap.conf file too while debugging.

You almost certainly want to use TLS here:

ssl start_tls
tls_cacertfile /etc/ipa/ca.crt
tls_checkpeer yes

You also need your nisdomainname set to your domain to do group or host-based sudo.

You also need to add this to your sssd.conf:

ldap_netgroup_search_base = cn=ng,cn=compat,dc=example,dc=com

Stick it after ipa_server in the config file.

Use sudo -l to test.

rob