On 20.11.2015 16:47, Karl Forner wrote:
Hello,

Could you recommend me a mini appliance/server to use as a freeIPA server ? I guess the main points are an ethernet port, minimal consumption, robustness.

Thanks,
Karl Forner

Hello,

I would say that minimal amount of RAM is 2GB with IPA 4.2, of course amount of resources depends on many things.
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/Preparing_for_an_IPA_Installation-Hardware_Requirements.html

Disk space at least 500MB for basic installation + baseOS + stored data

I do not know if IPA is limited by a CPU in somehow, but with very slow CPU you may need to increase timeouts (I saw the posts on this lists that it is possible to run IPA on raspberry pi with increased timeouts)

Maybe would be better if you write what do you need this minimal configuration for and how many clients, users and connections should IPA handle.

Martin