Hello,

For one of my customer projects I need server certificates that have an OU
component in de the subject. I tried making a certificate profile that is
identical to the default caIPAServiceCert except for the first section. I
changed the constraint to include OU and the default to include an OU, however
that doesn't appear to be a valid field.

policyset.serverCertSet.1.constraint.class_id=subjectNameConstraintImpl
policyset.serverCertSet.1.constraint.name=Subject Name Constraint
policyset.serverCertSet.1.constraint.params.accept=true
policyset.serverCertSet.1.constraint.params.pattern=CN=[^,]+,OU=[^,],.+
policyset.serverCertSet.1.default.class_id=subjectNameDefaultImpl
policyset.serverCertSet.1.default.name=Subject Name Default
policyset.serverCertSet.1.default.params.name=CN=$request.req_subject_name.cn$,OU=$request.req_subject_name.ou$,O=LINUX.TEST.INFRA.LOCAL

I can see the CSR that comes into pki include the OU field when requested like
following.

ipa-getcert request -I test -k /etc/pki/tls/certs/server.key -f
/etc/pki/tls/certs/server.cert -N "CN=$(hostname
-f),OU=Test,O=LINUX.TEST.INFRA.LOCAL" -K host/$(hostname -f) -w -T
KPNWebhostingServiceCert

The debug log however doesn't show a key like request.req_subject_name.ou, and
results in a nasty error on the certmonger side:
Request ID 'test':
        status: CA_UNREACHABLE
        ca-error: Server at https://ipaserver.ipa.local/ipa/xml failed request,
will retry: 4301 (RPC failed at server.  Certificate operation cannot be
completed: unknown(3) (Request Rejected - {0})).
        stuck: no
        key pair storage: type=FILE,location='/etc/pki/tls/certs/server.key'
        certificate: type=FILE,location='/etc/pki/tls/certs/server.cert'
        CA: IPA
        issuer:
        subject:
        expires: unknown
        pre-save command:
        post-save command:
        track: yes
        auto-renew: yes

Met vriendelijke groet,

Wouter Hummelink
Cloud Engineer
KPN IT Solutions
Platform Organisation Cloud Services
Mail: wouter.hummel...@kpn.com<mailto:wouter.hummel...@kpn.com>
Telefoon: +31 (0)6 1288 2447
[cid:image002.png@01D0DA65.706AE4B0]
P Save Paper - Do you really need to print this e-mail?
KPN IT SOLUTIONS is de 'handelsnaam' voor KPN Corporate Market BV,
Handelsregister 52959597 Amsterdam
The information transmitted is intended only for use by the addressee and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of it, or the taking of
any action in reliance upon this information by persons
and/or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error, please inform the sender and/or addressee immediately
and delete the material. Thank you.